Sunday, February 18, 2024

A lesson about Counterfeit Coins Part 1

     Well for today's post lets talk about counterfeit and phony coins.  Now that the coin market is picking up pace and more people are buying rare coins for their collection or for investing, it is probably wise to be somewhat knowledgeable about if a coin is real or not.  I myself have met people who have failed to pawn off a fake coin to me.  Of course I can't say how many times I've heard that sad tale of a deal gone south because the coin wasn't really a coin after all.  So with that said  I would like to start with a little snippet from PCGS. "Since perhaps the very day coins were first produced, quick-buck artists and their counterparts throughout history have sought illicit gain by making copies-or counterfeits-of the genuine articles".
     OK.  Now that you've seen the beginning, I suggest that you take some time and read the rest of this article.  If you don't have the time, bookmark it for a later.  You will come away with a little more ease of mind and understanding about these types of coins that leave a sour taste in  ones mouth.  


Have a nice read

No comments: