Monday, March 3, 2014

Australia Map Shaped Coin Series – Koala 2014 1oz Silver Coin

     While I was out looking for a topic for today I came across this unusual coin. It's minted by our friends in Australia and to my surprise it is legal tender. Now I've got to admit it, it is a unique item. The price is twice over the value of an ounce of silver at today's prices, but the limited number of these type of coins makes it an item that could become "a must have" for the collectibles and numismatic collectors down the road. Just how much will depend on the number of survivors and if silver goes up a little and holds.
     Even though I might think it's a little pricey, I like it. Not to many map shape coins in my collection and I'm going to have to mull it over about buying one. If you're curious, just click on the link below and it'll take you to Perth Mint.
Australia Map Shaped Coin Series – Koala 2014 1oz Silver Coin

No comments:

Post a Comment